Un-Boxing Epica (Mira) Electric Coffee Grinder

Grinding coffee is surely one of the most important steps for a perfect cup of coffee. My older grinder is starting to make some noise so I decided to see if I can find some good coffee grinder that is reasonable price and has professional grade grinding. Based on Amazon ranking, Epica Electric Coffee Grinder has the best rating based on the price range less than $30 (as of March 2015). So I got it myself, and here is un-boxing of Epica Electric Coffee Grinder and what I think about it.

Epica Electric Coffee Grinder



Standard box.
Opening...


Well packed.

Looks fine. Nothing special but doesn't look cheap either.


The plug is protected by plastic. Good.



Looks pretty good.  I like the modern style.

Here are tips I received from the seller about grinding. I thought it was nice to know so I have listed the key points here.
  • Start with 2 tablespooons of beans for each cup of water and adjust to taste. 
  • Choose the right grind fineness for your coffeemaker.

    • Coarse grind for French presses, cold brew toddy makers, vacuum coffeemakers or percolators
    • Medium grind for drip coffeemakers with a flat bottom filter
    • Medium or fine grind for drip coffeemakers with a cone shaped filter
    • Fine grind for stovetop espresso pots
    • Super fine grind for espresso machines
  • Press the activation button in short pulses (2-4 seconds) rather than holding it down continuously, to prevent the coffee from overheating and losing flavor.
  • Time your grinding according to the desired fineness.
    • Coarse grind: 2-3 seconds
    • Medium grind: 4-6 seconds
    • Fine grind: 6-8 seconds 

 After I use it for a month:

I am pretty happy with the grinder.  One thing I wished it had was "memory" feature which many other grinder has. (See below picture)  Even my old grinder which is not any way high grade grinder has this feature, and I wished they had them.  But the main point I am really happy about is the uniformity of the grinded beans.  After grinding, just by looking at it you can see that all the pieces are pretty much the same size which is not the case for my old grinder.


I am very happy with Epica Electric Coffee Grinder and I recommend this grinder for the budget of $30 or less.


No comments:

Post a Comment